Every student is attached to a House at Marlborough Boys’ College.
We have four houses. These are named after four rivers in the Wairau region: Awatere, Waihopai, Ōpaoa and Wairau. A Dean is assigned to each House, who will oversee your child’s pastoral care at school.
House competition provides:
• Pride/culture in the school
• Encourage a healthy, competitive environment
• Encourage multi-level participation
• Develop leadership and pastoral skills at both junior and senior level
• Develop unity and a common interest between staff; and pupils and staff
• Every boy within each House is able to make and be recognised for his contribution to the school.
Give boys opportunities to develop the school values of respectful, responsible, involved and being the best they can be.
Houses compete in House competitions throughout the year.